Monday, May 09, 2005

Yeah I kept busy this weekend

Bad Day at Black Rock
Fury
I am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

I watched Velvet Goldmine last night, a personal favorite of mine. I'd call it the best musical of the last decade, but Hedwig makes that hard. Though it may be the better movie. I should get out to see Kingdom of Heaven, but I might not. I'm that lame. I spent a lot of this weekend writing other things and talking with people. Mostly, sad to say, about Star Wars. I mean, I like talking about Star Wars, but I'm starting to be happy I'll be done with it in a week and a half. I'd write more about Velvet Goldmine, how I love the structure of it, how I love using Bowie as a symbol of how the 80's tried to shove homosexuals back in the closet, to which some went willingly, etc. etc. But I'm lazy after writing so much this weekend. And by a lot, I mean a lot.