Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The nice part about writing reviews is

On the good days it forces you to watch something. I say this because I bought Hoop Dreams and The Longest Yard SE today. They now go on the pile, a pile that loses momentum simply because all of it is stuff I've seen before, but purchased because it's now on DVD. It's not that I don't love Jean Renoir's The River, but you have to be able to sit down to watch certain stuff, and of late, that seems to happen less and less. I'm not complaining, it's nice to have an active social life, and this week will more than likely be another week where the first night I'll have the option to stay home and do nothing is Friday, and this Friday's there's a screening of White Dog at the Egyptian. So often my weekends are time to watch and write reviews. My week is like packing a suitcase, and DVD's have become the shoes that don't seem to fit until the suitcase is nearly zipped up, and then you squeeze them in.