Sunday, May 15, 2005

I wrote more

Yep, and it's on www.dvdjournal.com I wrote up the two Mask movies. But I have to admit, I couldn't work up much passion over either review. They were, to put it bluntly, terse reviews. The first film is functional, the second garbage. So much of cinema is a wasteland of the uninterestingly bad, and the modestly functional, and these are two films to which it's hard to work up much enthusiasm. Next week possibly promises some gems: The Bravados, Broken Lance, Chappelle's Show: Season 2, The Razor's Edge and Warlock. Though I never bothered with too many film centric classes (I was mostly home schooled when it came to cinema) I took a western class in College where the only film of the syllabus I hadn't seen was Warlock. By the time we got to it, the teacher assumed I had. Dmytryk's ouevre is half interesting, though sullied by his reputation. There are quite a few interesting Dmytryk films, but the closest he ever came to greatness (in my humble) is with Murder, My Sweet.