Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Another scene from an elevator

INT. ELEVATOR

DAMON (29) enters and hits the button for the first floor. He's playing with the badge he got the day before, which is on a retractable string. He lowers the badge to the floor, and then lets it zip back up

ELEVATOR
Ding!

Damon looks up. It's the third floor. The doors open, a cute girl of foreign origin enters (mid 20's). Damon continues to fiddle with his badge. Because he's a huge dork and she's cute, he insists on starting a conversation.

Damon
Going down?
Girl
Yeah

Damon continues to fidget with his badge

Damon
I just got the badge, so I can't stop
playing with it. I guess I'm still
eight that way.
Girl
(politely laughs)
So, where do you work?
Damon
Oh, I'm on the fourth floor,
working on (expletive deleted)
Girl
Oh, I'm on the third
in (expletive deleted)
Damon
Cool.

They hit the first floor, the girl exits first.

Damon
See you around.
Girl
See you.

Damon watches her walk away, and knows he'll be thinking about it for a day or two.