Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I drink Artesian Water and have sex with my penis

Okay? Ketchup.

A full pile of reviews:
The classics:
Ali G
Mouchette: The Criterion Collection
The Science of Sleep

Interesting...:
Dallas
Springfield Rifle
Symbiopsychotaxiplasm: Two Takes: The Criterion Collection

Shit
The Grudge 2
Gymkata
Pocket Money
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning


All the Bond That's fit to print:
For Your Eyes Only
From Russia with Love
Live and Let Die
Moonraker
Octopussy
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Tomorrow Never Dies

I went to Amoeba today, got leash long enough to head over. I joke about this shit, but it's truth. I had some stuff to trade in. While shopping, I ran into MICHEL FUCKING GONDRY. When I heard him talking to his assistant, I knew it was him. I said "I'm not going to make a deal out of this, but I just wanted you to know that I am a big fan." He joked that I wasn't buying his movie, but I told him honestly that I had it at home because I reviewed the DVD and gave it four stars. He blushed. I forgot to mention the J to him, but alas. I then bought HERE COMES MR. JORDAN.

On to the real stuff, I need to crash soon, but I'm still not on Pacific time. Over the last month, I've turned down sex three times from women who aren't my wife. Aili got an email (that, yes, got me laid) that one of her sister's friends was literally panting for me when we were out - like I said, the wife and I had to visit London on shifts, and I got a full day with her sister and her sister's friend Jess, who I flirted up a bit, but spent most of the time talking about my kid. Now, I feel sort of miserable about it, and flattered at the same time. The other two are somewhat less evidential, but it was there. But I was talking about this with Sarah the other day (who witnessed one of these events), and the two things that came out is that often I'm more amused saying no to sex than actually having it. I was like this before I got married, too, it's pretty bad sometimes how amused I am turning women down. I feel bad about this, but it happens. The other is that I guess I've never felt like a sex symbol, which in itself doesn't mean anything, but it's always led me to question why someone would want to have sex with me. But then she told me if I was any more arrogant, I wouldn't be tolerable, so it's a weird mixture of arrogance and pathos. Or, to be more precise, I wouldn't want to join a club that would have me for a member. Usually. Thank god I'm married. But also, having this kid is a pussy magnet of doom.